You might be thinking that there’s really not much of a difference between an infopreneur and a non-fiction author. However, this is completely FALSE!
Costly Mistake- Failing to understand and embrace the advantages of the infopreneurial business model
First of all, there is a reason most infopreneurs make more money than most authors. And the reason is that the underlying business model for infopreneurs is very different and far more effective, due to a handful of very powerful concepts.
Recap of the Major Differences between the Infopreneur and the Traditional Author:
- Firstly, infopreneurs have a direct connection to their customers and prospects.
- Secondly, the infopreneurs want to sell to their customers again and again over time.
- An infopreneur can be very successful in a highly specialized niche.
- Infopreneurs will have a range of options and price points.
- Infopreneurs can also leverage audio and video formats to deliver their information.
- The infopreneurial approach is far more profitable and effective when compared to traditional authorship.
- Authors don’t know who their customers are.
- The Authors on the other hand typically sell to their customers one time.
- Authors must try to appeal to the masses.
- The Authors typically have one relatively low-dollar option (a book).
- Authors are limited to the written word.
- Lastly, the traditional authorship is far less profitable and less effective when compared to infopreneurial approach.
Advantages of Being an Infopreneur
- You will be able to connect and communicate with your customers directly.
- Your goal is to sell to the same customers over and over again.
- You can have deeper content on specialized topics.
- As an infopreneur, you can offer various product levels for stair-stepping.
- You can leverage many product form factors like audio, text, and video.